Gear components used in production technology must withstand extremely challenging environmental conditions and service conditions. When used in belt drives, such as those used in brown-coal production, strong temperature fluctuations and vibrations are the order of the day. Moreover, the wheel sets used in these gears are subjected to intermittent, abrupt loads. Robustness and adequate load-bearing capacity are paramount requirements for these gear components.
Here, too, Klingelnberg delivers the right high-quality products for the application – thanks to our many years of experience in producing gear sets of this type, combined with the most up-to-date production facilities and modern lean production methods, along with our expertise in calculating and designing bevel gear sets.
THE KLINGELNBERG ADVANTAGE
- World's largest, most modern production facility for large bevel gears in Hückeswagen, Germany, operated according to lean production and lean management principles.
- Cost-effective production of standard components with ring gear diameters up to 600 mm in Györ, Hungary – designed according to the same lean production principles as in our production facilities in Germany.
- State-of-the-art monitoring of the heat treatment process in company-owned hardening shop.
- Oerlikon Spiral Bevel Gear Cutting Machine C 300, the world's largest bevel gearing machine for dry-machining of large bevel gears with ring gear diameters up to 3,000 mm.
- Gearing loops for bevel gears with ring gear diameters up to approx. 1,000 mm.
- Closed-loop method for every process step guarantees transparency and documented quality for every phase in the manufacturing process and enables cost-effective production in batch size 1.
- Extensive measuring devices for determining and documenting the macro and micro geometry, also for large components.
- Digital documentation of all production data.
- Systematic use of Klingelnberg's own KIMoS calculation software in all process chain steps relevant for gearing.
- Optimal bearing pattern geometry through surface modifications, taking account of in-process displacements in the bevel gear stage.
- Determination of in-process displacement parameters of a bevel gear set through static and dynamic analysis of the complete system.