The machine building industry covers a variety of applications. Drill heads and milling heads in machining centers for machine tool building are just a couple examples of these. The bevel gears used here must demonstrate minimal noise emissions as well as a high degree of efficiency. In addition, continuously increasing rotational speeds necessary to achieve high cutting speeds require the ultimate standards in bevel gear precision.
Working with the customer, we develop the best solution for the application at hand. Our expertise in calculating and designing gear sets and our high-tech production cell – which has successfully stood the test of aviation and Formula 1 applications – allow us to deliver the right products for the complex gears in high-speed drill heads and milling heads.
THE KLINGELNBERG ADVANTAGE
- World's largest, most modern production facility for large bevel gears in Hückeswagen, Germany, operated according to lean production and lean management principles.
- Cost-effective production of standard components with ring gear diameters up to 600 mm in Györ, Hungary – designed according to the same lean production principles as in our production facilities in Germany.
- Closed-loop gear production according to nominal data guarantees transparency and documented quality for every phase in the manufacturing process.
- Unsurpassed expertise in the calculation, configuration, simulation, and optimization of bevel gear drives.
- Gearing loops for bevel gears with ring gear diameters up to approx. 1,000 mm.
- State-of-the-art monitoring of the entire production process.
- Systematic documentation of all process parameters.
- Extensive measuring equipment to determine and document macro and micro geometry.
- Systematic use of Klingelnberg's KIMoS calculation software in all process chain steps relevant for gearing.
- Optimal bearing pattern geometry through surface modifications, taking account of in-process displacements in the bevel gear stage.
- Determination of in-process displacement parameters of a bevel gear set through static and dynamic analysis of the complete system.