PLANT ENGINEERING / STEEL INDUSTRY
Bevel gears in wire rolling mills must perform their duty safely and reliably at high rotational speeds under extreme impact loads and high temperature fluctuations. This requires not only a robust design due to the environmental conditions, but also a high degree of efficiency to minimize heat buildup in the gears. Additional applications in the steel industry and plant engineering can be found in sheet rolling mills, tube rolling mills, and in turbines for hydroelectric power plants, among others.
Modern production processes at Klingelnberg enable closed-loop manufacturing of bevel gears, thereby ensuring transparency and documented quality for every phase in the manufacturing process as well as cost-effective production in batch size 1.
THE KLINGELNBERG ADVANTAGE
- World's largest, most modern production facility for large bevel gears in Hückeswagen, Germany, operated according to lean production and lean management principles.
- Certification to DIN EN ISO 9001 / DIN EN ISO 14001.
- Unsurpassed expertise in the calculation, configuration, simulation, and optimization of bevel gears.
- State-of-the-art monitoring of the heat treatment process in company-owned hardening shop.
- Gearing loops for bevel gears with ring gear diameters up to approx. 1,000 mm.
- Dry-cutting of bevel gears with ring gear diameters up to 3,000 mm.
- Closed-loop method for every process step guarantees transparency and documented quality for every phase in the manufacturing process and enables cost-effective production in batch size 1.
- Systematic use of Klingelnberg's KIMoS calculation software in all process chain steps relevant for gearing.
- Optimal bearing pattern geometry through surface form modifications, taking account of in-process displacements in the bevel gear stage.
- Determination of in-process displacement parameters of a bevel gear set through static and dynamic analysis of the complete system.
- Digital documentation of all production data.