According to the rules of the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l‘Automobile) racing gears for Formula 1 must currently achieve a service life of at least four races (as of 2010). Extremely high loads at the handling limits must be transmitted reliably with minimal weight. Of critical importance in this application are a high degree of efficiency and a bevel gear load bearing pattern that is immune to displacement, as well as a service life of at least four races.
The Klingelnberg range of services includes the specification of macro and micro gear geometries and a contact analysis at different operating points according to the latest scientific methods. All high-precision production processes are carried out by specially trained technicians. The availability of such elementary gear components must be ensured at all times during a racing season. Extremely short delivery times and process reliability are therefore indispensable.
THE KLINGELNBERG ADVANTAGE
- High-capacity production cell for high-tech applications in Hückeswagen, Germany.
- Closed-loop gear production as per nominal data guarantees transparency and documented quality for every phase in the manufacturing process.
- Unsurpassed expertise in the calculation, configuration, simulation, and optimization of bevel gear drives.
- Highly flexible production and administration processes ensure the work will be completed quickly.
- Systematic documentation of all process parameters .
- Gearing loops for bevel gears with ring gear diameters up to approx. 1,000 mm.
- State-of-the-art monitoring of the entire production process.
- Systematic use of Klingelnberg's KIMoS calculation software in all process chain steps relevant for gearing.
- Optimal bearing pattern geometry due to surface form modifications, taking account of in-process displacements in the bevel gear stage.
- Determination of displacement parameters through static and dynamic analysis of the complete system.