In vehicle manufacturing, there are a number of different applications in which bevel gears are used. These include car and truck rear axles, drivetrains in rail vehicles, construction-site vehicles, tractors, military vehicles, special-purpose vehicles, and many more.
In these applications as well, custom bevel gears designs that take account of specific requirements are demanded, in addition to a high-capacity production process. Thus, for example, a noise-optimized configuration of the bevel gear set is achieved by structuring the microgeometry in Klingelnberg's KIMoS calculation software.
THE KLINGELNBERG ADVANTAGE
- High-capacity production cell for high-tech applications in Hückeswagen, Germany, and cost-effective production facilities in Györ, Hungary, for standard solutions.
- Production at all locations based on lean management principles.
- Closed-loop gear production as per nominal data guarantees transparency and documented quality for every phase in the manufacturing process.
- Digital documentation of all production data.
- Gearing loops for bevel gears with ring gear diameters up to approx. 1,000 mm.
- State-of-the-art monitoring of the entire production process.
- Systematic documentation of all process parameters.
- Extensive measuring equipment to determine and document macro and micro geometry.
- Unsurpassed expertise in the calculation, configuration, simulation, and optimization of bevel gear drives.
- Systematic use of Klingelnberg's KIMoS calculation software in all process chain steps relevant for gearing.
- Optimal bearing pattern geometry through surface modifications, taking account of in-process displacements in the bevel gear stage.
- Determination of in-process displacement parameters of a bevel gear set through static and dynamic analysis of the complete system.